Monday, September 28, 2015

Harvest Moon by Lisa Kessler - Release Day Blitz & Excerpt


It’s finally here! I am so excited to be celebrating the release of HARVEST MOON by Lisa Kessler! Please join in on the celebration today over on Facebook.




Dr. Jason Ayers unleashes all of his rage and his frustration through fists and brute force in an underground boxing ring. The werewolf may be the pack’s doctor, but he can’t even heal his coma-stricken father after the Nero Organization’s attack stopped his heart. And as his Pack brothers settle down around him, he still refuses to believe in the fairy tale notion that every wolf has a true mate...

In hiding and on the run, nurse Kilani Akamu is a loose end that Nero is desperate to tie up. She can't afford to be attracted to a doctor—especially one as unexpectedly hot and complex as Jason. Yet the sexual sparks arcing between them are undeniable...and Kilani's precognitive senses warn her that temptation is inevitable.

All it takes is one touch to send Jason's wolf howling. But even if he could protect her from Nero, he can't protect her from himself…


We walked down to the water. The cool water rushed around our ankles and a giggle bubbled up from my throat. “Oh, it’s colder than I remember.”
“You probably splashed around during the day.”
I nodded. “I used to collect sand dollars with my mom. She’d tell me stories about how mermaids used them for money.”
“This must have been a great place to grow up.”
“Yeah. For a while it was…” The moonlight sparkled on the water, and for the first time, I realized thinking about my mom hadn’t made me angry.
Another wave came in hard, splashing up our pant legs. Jason jumped back, laughing. “Shit. That one surprised me.”
Behind us, the band broke into a cover of “Hungry Like the Wolf.” I smiled up at mine. He was sexy even in soaking-wet blue jeans. “Dance with me.”
He chuckled, glancing down the beach. “I’m not much of a dancer.”
“You can’t listen to this song and not move to the beat.” I let my hips sway to the pulsing drumbeat as I took his hand. “There’s no one out here to see. Just feel it.”
He rolled his eyes but gradually started to move with me. The waves crashed and raced toward us, but I barely noticed. I couldn’t take my eyes off of Jason. Once he got over being self-conscious, he could move. I danced around him slowly, enjoying the hunger in his gaze.
As the band finished and started a new song, Jason pulled me close, my breasts pressed tight to his chest. “This wolf is very hungry.”
I ran my hands up his chest. “Dancing can tell you a lot about a person.”
He raised a brow. “I’m afraid of what I just told you.”
I laughed as another wave drenched us. “You like to be in control, but the second you allowed your body to respond to the beat, your instincts took over and you danced. You surrendered.” Kissing his chest, I whispered, “You have an artist’s passion trapped inside your analytical mind.”
Jason lifted me up, and I wrapped my legs around his waist. His forehead rested against mine. “I’ve never liked dancing.” He started to sway with the music and the tide, turning us slowly. “But maybe I just never had the right partner.”
His lips claimed mine as the waves broke around us. My pulse raced, my body warmed, and gradually he broke the kiss. “You make me feel invincible.”
But he wasn’t invincible. None of us were, and my vision of him bleeding from a gunshot wound was never far from my consciousness.




Lisa Kessler is an Amazon Best Selling author of dark paranormal fiction. She's a two-time San Diego Book Award winner for Best Published Fantasy-Sci-fi-Horror and Best Published Romance, as well as the Romance Through the Ages Award for Best Paranormal and Best First Book. She currently writes the Night Series and the Moon Series for Entangled Publishing.

Her short stories have been published in print anthologies and magazines, and her vampire story, Immortal Beloved, was a finalist for a Bram Stoker award.

When she's not writing, Lisa is a professional vocalist, and has performed with San Diego Opera as well as other musical theater companies in San Diego.

You can learn more at http://Lisa-Kessler.com




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing Harvest Moon!

    Hope you enjoy the book....

    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete